Sunny Boy Smart Energy
It comes with everything. The new Sunny Boy Smart Energy forms part of the SMA Integrated Storage Solution and is currently the easiest solution for typical household PV applications. This combination of a modern PV inverter and a battery with an effective capacity of 2 kWh not only optimises increased self-consumption but also makes easy use of home-generated solar power possible virtually around the clock.
AN EXCELLENT COMBINATION
With its integrated battery, the Sunny Boy Smart Energy offers two advantages. Not only does it provide a sensible way to increase self-consumption, but it also makes it easy to use self-produced solar power after the sun goes down.
- Significantly reduced initial investment thanks to an application-oriented battery capacity of 2 kWh
- No need to design the battery system – so no battery expertise is required
- Quick and easy wall mounting
- Efficient charge management and load control
- Maximized reliability through lithium-ion cells from LG Chem
THE SIMPLE STORAGE SOLUTION
Together with the Sunny Home Manager, the Sunny Boy Smart Energy is the central component of the SMA Integrated Storage System. It offers an incredibly easy path to greater independence as part of the SMA Smart Home intelligent energy management.
- Approximately 52 percent less electricity purchased from electric utility companies
- Self-consumption rate increased from 30 percent to typically 55 percent
- Usage of solar power possible nearly 24 hours a day
- All PV power generated annually is used even when the active power is limited to 16314 percent or 60 percent of the nominal PV array power in accordance with the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) or the energy storage subsidy.
- Outstanding efficiency in terms of power conversion and temporary power storage
INTELLIGENT ENERGY MANAGEMENT
Within the SMA Smart Home, the Sunny Boy Smart Energy and Sunny Home Manager ensure that self-produced solar power is used in the best possible way, intelligently distributed and – as an option – stored. This delivers increased self-consumption, improves transparency and guarantees greater independence.
- Planning reliability and cost savings with solar power at fixed, low rates
- Maximize the eco-friendliness of your energy supply by using solar power from your own roof
- Greater independence with no compromises in terms of comfort or supply reliability
- Optimization functions that take individual preferences into account
- Cost-saving potential is made visible through complete energy budget transparency